Pollstar recently came out with its list of the top tours of 2010 by way of ticket sales through the first three-quarters of the year. Sadly, many of the top tours have yet to make an appearance in Utah.
Veteran rockers AC/DC top the list with more than 1.8 million tickets sold worldwide, followed by not-quite-as-veteran rockers Bon Jovi. But while the touring year is essentially over for AC/DC, Bon Jovi still have more dates to play and will likely be the top touring act of 2010 at the end of the year.
Here’s the top 10 along with whether they’ve played in the Beehive State this year.
1. AC/DC – Haven’t played in Utah since 2001, and before that hadn’t played here since the tragic 1991 concert at the old Salt Palace.
2 Bon Jovi -Haven’t played in Utah since 2003. Although they’ve seemingly played everywhere else in the world on their current tour, there are no Utah dates scheduled as of right now. Still hoping that will change before the tour is over.
3. Walking with Dinosaurs – This actually roared into Utah in 2009. My kids loved it.
4. Dave Matthews Band – After being forced to cancel two years in a row, DMB finally returned to Utah in August with a standing room only crowd at USANA.
5. Black Eyed Peas – No Utah appearance and none scheduled.
6. Tim McGraw – Sold out USANA performance in July.
7. Michael Buble -The Canadian crooner thrilled fans at the E Center in April.
8. Brad Paisley – Delivered probably the best country show of the year in Utah at USANA just a few weeks ago.
9. World Wrestling Entertainment – No idea if this has made it Utah or not.
10. Lady Gaga – The Monster Ball Tour will be making its way through Salt Lake City in 2011.